Friday, February 1, 2008

In January 2008, I attended the Indiana Educators Conference in the Indianapolis, IN. I am the building technology coordinator where I teach visual arts to elementary students. As the technology coordinator, I am obliged to learn about new and current technology tools.
My focus at the 2008 ICE Conference was podcasting. I attended two special sessions on podcasting; the how, the why, and the creation. I am very pleased to have learned about podcasting using both, Apple and PC formats.
In November, I attended the 2007 National Writing Project Conference in New York City. It is very exciting and rewarding to attend the NWP conference. I always gain a great deal of professional development by attending sessions led by some of the best teachers of writing in the country.
Now, I must use what I have learned to encourage other teachers to integrate technology in their writing instruction. I am very excited about the upcoming Indiana Network Retreat in February where, we, the technology liaisons from all five writing project sites in Indiana, will demonstrate some of the newest Web 2.0 tools.

1 comment:

Dogtrax said...

Sounds like a productive time.
Kevin